Comparison based on
an 8 panel system.
Per Panel per day.
4% MORE energy from Heliocol
Per Panel per day.
Performance ratings published in March 2012 by the Solar Rating & Certification Corporation (SRCC) for thousands of Btu per square foot per day in category A (pool heating, warm climate) on a clear day. Techno-Solis tested per ASHRAE96 standards. Heliocol tested per ISO 9806-3 standards. Btu per panel calculated by multiplying Btu per square foot per day by net aperture area. Visit www.solar-rating.org for details.
- Techno-Solis covers panels only for 10 years.
- Heliocol cover panels, labor AND PARTS for 12 years.
- Both manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty prorated at 50%.
Techno-Solis warranty information based upon Techno-Solis warranty downloaded from the Techno-Solis website, www.techno-solis.com, in Jan. 2012.
No Muss, No Fuss
All Heliocol components, including panels, mounting clamps and panel clamps, are manufactured using the same durable, medical grade plastic, eliminating maintenance.
Techno-Solis connects its panels using radiator-type hoses (which can deteriorate over time, leaving stains on the roof) and metal clamps which require periodic service to tighten against leakage.
Techno-Solis materials information based upon Techno-Solis installation manual downloaded from the Techno-Solis website, www.techno-solis.com, in Jan. 2012
Heliocol solar pool heating panels are available in three colors to match your roof...black, terracotta and grey.
Swimmaster panels by Techno-Solis are available in just one color...black.
Techno-Solis panel color information based upon details provided by the Techno-Solis website, www.techno-solis, in Jan. 2012.
Follow the Leader
Heliocol takes great pride in leading the charge in the solar industry and sets the bar for reliability and consumer safety.
ISO 9001 is the ultimate benchmark for quality management issued by the International Organization for Standardization.
ISO 14001 is the global standard for environmental protection issued by the International Organization for Standardization.
NSF Standard 50 certification certifies standards for materials, design, construction and performance of products used for public pools and spas and recreational water facilities such as water parks.
NSF Standard 61 addresses drinking water system components, ensuring that the products do not leach unacceptable contaminants or impurities.*
* The following Heliocol solar pool heating panels are manufactured by MAGEN eco-Energy using NSF-61 certified raw materials: Heliocol 74170522, Heliocol 74270522. The raw materials used in the production of the above listed panels are certified under NSF Standard 61, while the panels themselves are not certified.
- ISO Certification information obtained Jan. 2012 and can be viewed at: http://www.iso.org.
- NSF Standard 50 Information obtained January, 2012 and can be viewed at: http://nsf.org/Certified/Pools/Listings.asp?TradeName=Heliocol.
- NSF Standard 61 Information obtained January, 2012 and can be viewed at: http://nsf.org/Certified/PwsComponents/Listings.asp?TradeName=Heliocol.
Protect Your Roof
Heliocol’s patented mounting system withstands hurricane force winds with
NO UNSIGHTLY STRAPS.
- Heliocol’s open tube design virtually eliminates lift.
- No straps means fewer penetrations into your roof.
- Heliocol’s patented Gator clamps allow the panel to “float” over your roof, preventing moisture build up.
- Techno-Solis monolithic panels require straps to anchor them to the roof for high wind conditions.
- Straps mean more penetrations into your roof.
- High winds can lift monolithic panels like an airplane wing, ripping panels and straps loose and damaging your roof.
Information on Techno-Solis mounting systems obtained from the Techno-Solis Installation Manual downloaded from the Techno-Solis website Jan. 2012. www.techno-solis.com